1) Tips for Selecting the Perfect Photo We can use any photo you submit. However, if the portrait you wish to create features people, we recommend
choosing a photo that's close up, in focus and has 1-3 subjects. This will produce the best artistic result. Photos that are dark or out of focus are harder to deal
with. We can do our best work when our artists can see the details in your photo clearly.
2) Digital Photos: What's the best image format, resolution, and image size ? We prefer a .jpeg image in the range of .25mb to 5mb in size. The larger the
better. Images taken with a digital camera are captured in .jpeg format and require no change. If a digital camera is used we recommend a camera setting of at
least 3 mega pixels for best results. Digital .jpeg images can be uploaded to us through our web site - or mailed to us on CD. Photos can be scanned and saved
in .jpeg format using a scanner connected to your home PC. Any local Quick Photo lab or Copy Center can usually copy a digital photo to CD directly from a
camera's memory card.
Scanning Tips: If you are scanning a photo into your computer you have a great deal of flexibility to create the most useful size. Use the software utility that
comes with your scanner or copier and scan your photo in RGB color with output resolution set to 300dpi. Next save the image in .jpeg format with the highest
quality setting. This will reduce the digital file size of your image and allow it to upload faster when sent through our web site. Or if you prefer, full size digital
picture files may also be burned to CD and sent to us by mail.
3) Can I send you a traditional photo print instead of a digital photo over the Internet ? Yes you can. A minimum 3 x 5 size print is recommended for best results. Though we can also work with smaller photos. We also accept film negatives or
slides as well but we suggest you not send any one-of-a-kind photos or negatives to us through the mail. Use your computer to scan your photo and create a
'digital file'. Or visit a nearby 'Quick' photo lab at your local grocer or drug store and order a duplicate print or copy on CD. Upload the digital image to us via
Internet or send us the copy by mail. When we complete our work all source photos will be returned with your order.
4) How can I place an order ? Decide which product and Canvas size you wish to order then click the menu tab: Place An Order. Next, fill out the order form and upload your digital photo.
There is also an option for mailing if you have a traditional paper print or CD. If you have questions we're here to help you on weekdays from 9 am - 5 pm Central
Time. Call (205) 201-3893. Or email us at: email@example.com.
5) Can I send you a professional studio or portrait photograph ? Yes you can. However some photographers retain copyrights to photos they create for clients. In this case reprint permission from the original photographer may
be required. When the consumer signs the project order form he/she warrants that the appropriate permissions have been obtained.
6) Can I send a negative or slide ?
Yes you can. We can work with virtually any customer image source. However for safety purposes we do not recommend that one-of-a-kind media items be sent
through the mail. Shipping agents such as the Postal Service, UPS or Fed-Ex are very reliable but they do not guarantee the security of your mailed photos. For
this reason we recommend all photo documents be scanned first. Then send us the digital copy on CD by mail or upload the image through our website. Our
company does not assume responsibility for any lost or damaged media.
7) Can you work with pictures that are old or torn or damaged ?
Yes. We can often fix torn or damaged photographs and turn them into paintings.
8) May I see the painted portrait before you put it on Canvas ? How can I be sure I will like it ?
To guarantee your happiness with our artists' rendition, we will email you a preview at no extra charge. We may charge a little extra for changes after the first draft
but we are always up front with our pricing. Once we give you an estimate, we never change our price. That's our promise!
9) Can a color photo or painting be made out of a Black & White source photo or vice versa ? Yes. We can colorize black & white photos AND convert color photos into black & white. We can also create a color painted artwork from a black & white photo.
The first step is to Colorize the black & white photo. An added charge of $50 applies for this service. We then create your artwork based on the colorized photo.
When ordering this service we'll need details regarding the subject's natural color for Eyes, Hair & Skin. Be sure to include this information in the 'comments'
section of the order form. Black & White or Sepia toned artpieces can also be made from color photos. There is free. For Selective Color Tinting, there is a fee of
$15/per color. See our Gallery for samples.
10) Can you take people from different photos and combine them into a single painting ? Yes. This will take a bit of extra work on our part to recompose the final scene. This service is called "Photo Compositing" and you can order it for an added cost
of $25 per person/object. Just tell us your preference for desired positioning of all the subjects in the special comments section of the project order form. See our
customer showcase Gallery for examples of this process.
11) Can you remove something or someone from a source photo ?
Yes, and there is a fee of $25 if the item/person is part of the focal point. If request is too elaborate we'll let you know and give you options based on our
expertise. If the object is not the focal point and can be cropped out, there is no fee.
12) What happens if my photo image won't fit proportionately on the final Canvas size I want ?
Sometimes a customer photo won't fit proportionately on the canvas size being ordered. When this happens our Artists will artistically crop the image to best
display the subjects and suit the overall dimension of the canvas size being ordered. If you have any special cropping instructions please indicate them in the
comment section of the project order form. Remember, we render a personal service. So if any great concerns arise we'll contact you by email or telephone to
13) Can I have my finished Snapshot Artpiece delivered to someone else with a Gift Card ? Yes you can. This option is often chosen for gift giving. You can choose a separate shipping address during the checkout process after you begin an order. If you
have a written wish you'd like to send along we can put this message in a special gift card for you.
14) Is it possible to make an over-sized Snapshot Artpiece or a custom size ? Yes it is. You will need to contact us by email or telephone to discuss. There might be framing considerations or shipping cost issues to discuss.
15) Can my Snapshot Artpiece be round or oval ? We're sorry but we currently do not offer this.
16) What is the Delivery Time for my Snapshot Artpiece? Your preview will be emailed within 2-3 business days after we receive the photo. After you approve and order the artwork the finished canvas is shipped via UPS
Ground directly to your home or gift recipient. Transit time is 2-7 days. Rush services are also available for $60 which will insure your Snapshot Art is produced
and delivered within 5 days. *Note: Project lead times at Christmas and Mother's Day can sometimes be longer.
17) Can you ship a Snapshot Artpiece to another Country ?
We can. We recommend a "Rolled Canvas" in a mailing tube for international destinations. This will reduce the cost of shipping and customs duty. Contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know where you'd like the canvas shipped. We'll advise you of the costs involved.
18) Do you have discounts for photographers and other resellers ?
We do offer opportunities for discount pricing to retail stores and qualified industry professionals. To learn more contact us via email at email@example.com
19) What is your product warranty ? We do not process your order until you have given us your approval on the preview that will be emailed to you. If you are unhappy with the preview, we will work
make some minor changes at no charge to you. However, if you need multiple changes, then additional fees may apply. We will keep working with you until we
have created the Artwork that you will approve. All artwork will be emailed to you for your final approval. If upon receiving your finished Artwork you are not
satisfied, you may send the artwork back (at your expense) and we will Redo to your satisfaction and resend back to you at your expense. If for some other
reason you are dissatisfied, please note, that we do not offer refunds. We offer our services and free preview via email.
Your Artwork is guaranteed to last for 75+ years with proper care. Your Artwork is created with Archival inks and dyes with superior quality canvas.